Industry- Food & Restaurant.
Headquarters- New Delhi.
Area served- India, Nepal and Nigeria.
Key people- Virag Joshi, Amitabh Negi, Rajat Luthra.
Products- KFC, Pizza hut and Costa coffee.
Revenue- 11,988.95 Cr.
Number of employees- 100-200.
Devyani International Limited is India’s largest franchise business Company which was founded in 1991 in New Dehli and RJ Corp owner Ravi Kant Jaipuria own Devyani International. The company owns the largest Yum Brand franchise in India and the largest operator of Chain Quick Service Restaurants in India. It operates 655 stores across 155 cities all over India, as of 31,2021.
Devyani International Limited was incorporated in the year 1991, it’s situated in New Delhi, India. The company key people are Virag Joshi, Rajat Luthra, Amitabh Negi, Ravi Kant Jaipuria. Devyani International commenced in the quick-service restaurant business in India with franchise KFC, pizza hut, etc.
In 1997, Devyani International began a relationship with Yum Brands in India, they started their first Pizza hut store in Delhi. The company continuously expanded their operations with Pizza hut and KFC stores franchises.
KFC India started its first restaurant in Bangalore in 1995 with Devyani International Limited. KFC is the largest franchise Partner in the country with more than 250 plus stores in India.
In 2005, The company opened Costa Coffee stores in India and created the culture of specialty handcrafted coffee. Devyani International operates 40 plus outlets of Costa Coffee across all formats covering the high streets, shopping malls, airports, hospitals, Corporate Office and Highways.
In 2009, Devyani International opened its food street stores at New Delhi domestic airport. Its main objective is to cater for consumers who love to eat foods and looking for multiple options for quick and comfortable meals, leveraging under the one roof.
The company opened the first restaurant of Vango in Noida, Uttar Pradesh in February 2011 and now owns 20 stores in India. Vango is a one-stop destination for all South Indian food lovers, it is a pure vegetarian meals restaurant.
Products and services
Devyani International Limited business is classified into three types of stores: KFC, Pizza hut, and Costa coffee store. These all brands are referred to as core brands of the DIL business in India. The company franchise store of KFC and Pizza hut also has an international presence in Nepal and Nigeria. Devyani International operates the F&B industry, including stores of their company like Vango Restaurants and Food street stores across the country.
As of March 31, 2021, they operated 264 KFC stores and 297 Pizza hut stores across India. In addition, they also have a franchise of 44 Costa coffee stores all over the country.
- 2018- Costa coffee T3 International departure pier was awarded the classification of excellence for the outlet of the year- F&B by the Delhi International Airport limited at the IGIA awards 2018.
- 2019- Pizza hut and KFC were recognized among the most trusted brands in food services categories in a brand equity survey conducted by the Economic Times.
- 2020- Devyani International was recognized as one of India’s 100 best workplaces for women 2020, by the great place to work institute India.
Devyani International plans to raise about Rs 1838 Cr through a public offering. The public issues comprise a fresh issue of Rs 440 Cr and an offer for sale of Rs 1398 Cr, through its investors Dunearn investments Pvt. Ltd and Rj corporation. The IPO will open on 4 Aug 2021 and close on 6 Aug 2021. The company reduced its loss in FY21 to Rs 63.98 Cr from Rs 121.42 Cr in FY20. As per market observers, Devyani International shares are available at a premium (GMP) of Rs 40 to Rs 50 in the grey market today. The trading price comes to Rs 130-140 in the grey market, which is higher by 44.4-55.6 per cent over the higher issue price band of Rs 90. Devayani International was oversubscribed by 6.73 times at its received bid for 75.78 Cr equity shares against an IPO size of 11.28 Cr. The GMP has been increased by Rs 565, a shares trading price of Rs 155, which is 73 % higher compared to its issue price of Rs 90.
- Largest franchisee of Yum brands in India.
- The company has a portfolio of highly recognized global brands.
- It is a multidimensional Quick Services Restaurant player.
- Strong Store network in India: 254 KFC stores, 297 Pizza hut stores and 44 Costa coffee.
- The company has disciplined finances with a focus on cash flow management and returns.
- They are present across key consumption markets with a cluster-based approach.
- Devyani International will list its equity shares on August 16, The final issue price has been fixed at Rs 90 per equity share.
- The company shares trading at Rs 145 in the grey market premium, a premium of 55% to 60% over the final issue price.
Area Served- India, Nepal & Nigeria
Parent- RJ Corp Limited