The Blue Aadhaar card, or Baal Aadhaar, is indeed a special type of Aadhaar card intended for children under the age of 5. It is designed to simplify the process of enrolling young children in government welfare programs without requiring their biometric data. Here are the steps to apply for a Blue Aadhaar card:
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) at uidai.gov.in.
- Fill in the enrollment form for the Blue Aadhaar card. The form may include details such as the child’s name, date of birth, and demographic information. You will also need to provide the UID (Aadhaar number) of the child’s parent or guardian.
- Select the appointment option for registration. This may involve choosing a date and time for visiting an enrollment center.
- Find the closest Aadhaar enrollment center to your location and make an appointment. UIDAI has numerous enrollment centers across India, and you can locate one that is convenient for you.
- When visiting the Aadhaar enrollment center for the appointment, make sure to bring the following documents:
- The parent’s Aadhaar card (for verification and linkage)
- The child’s birth certificate as proof of age
- Any other required documents or reference numbers
- Complete the enrollment process at the center, which may involve providing demographic data and a facial image of the child. Biometric data (like fingerprints and iris scans) is not required for children under the age of 5.
- After completing all the necessary formalities, you will receive an acknowledgment number. This number is essential for tracking the status of the Blue Aadhaar card application.
It’s important to note that the process for applying for a Blue Aadhaar card may be subject to updates and changes by the UIDAI. Therefore, it’s advisable to visit the official UIDAI website or contact the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center for the most up-to-date and accurate information on the application process.