Headquarters- Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Area served- India.
Key people- Ashok Kumar windlass, Hitesh Windlass and Manoj Kumar windlass.
Products- CDMO, Generic Products.
Revenue- 4,306.95 Cr.
Number of employees- 954.
Windlas Biotech, founded in 2001 and headquartered in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, is a pioneering force in India’s biotech pharmaceutical industry. The company has firmly established itself as a leader, offering a comprehensive range of services in the Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) segment. With a focus on generic medicines and a strong emphasis on quality, Windlas Biotech has enjoyed remarkable growth over the past two decades, catering to both domestic and international markets.
Windlas Biotech embarked on its journey in 2000, starting with a manufacturing facility that faced a temporary shutdown. Over the years, it has transformed into a fully integrated partner, providing an array of products and services to leading pharmaceutical companies. The company also developed its own branded products, distributing them through a rapidly expanding network of more than 500 wholesale partners across India.
Timeline of Milestones
- 2001: Windlas Biotech inaugurated its first production plant in Dehradun.
- 2007: The company established its own brand and marketing division.
- 2009: Windlas ventured into international markets and surpassed the milestone of Rs 100 Crore in revenue by establishing Windlas Healthcare.
- 2014: A second manufacturing plant was set up, revenue crossed Rs 200 Crore, and the company cleared its first USFDA inspection.
- 2015: Windlas Biotech received a private equity investment from Tano Capital.
- 2016: The company achieved a turnover of Rs 300 Crore.
- 2017: Windlas set up its third manufacturing plant and launched its first product in the US through Windlas Healthcare.
- 2018: Windlas Biotech secured a $23 million investment from Zydus Cadila in Windlas Healthcare.
- 2019: The company executed a buyback of Zydus shares in Windlas Healthcare.
Products and Services
Windlas Biotech boasts an innovative product portfolio that includes generic medicines. The company primarily operates in the pharmaceutical formulations Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) segment in India. Its services encompass product development, licensing, and manufacturing of generic products. Additionally, Windlas Biotech sells its in-house branded products in both over-the-counter (OTC) and generic markets. The company’s business operates in three segments: CDMO products and services, domestic trade generics and OTC markets, and exports. Notably, Windlas focuses on complex generic products in the chronic therapeutic sectors related to lifestyle disorders.
With three state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, Windlas Biotech has an impressive installed capacity, producing 7063.83 million tablets, 54.46 million pouches, and 61.08 million liquid bottles. The company exports its products to leading pharmaceutical companies, including Cadila Healthcare Limited, Pfizer Limited, Emcure Pharmaceutical Ltd, Sanofi India Limited, Intas Pharmaceutical Ltd, and Systolic Laboratories Private Ltd.
Windlas Biotech initiated its public offering with the aim of raising Rs 401.54 Crore. This offering comprises a fresh issue of Rs 165 Crore and an offer for sale of Rs 236.54 Crore. The IPO opened on August 4, 2021, and concluded on August 6, 2021. The shares were set to list on August 17, 2021. The funds raised through the IPO were earmarked for purchasing equipment essential for expanding its existing facilities at the Dehradun plants. The company’s GMP was approximately Rs 130, commanding a 28% premium, with shares trading at a premium price range of Rs 578 to Rs 590 per equity share in the unlisted market.
- Windlas Biotech is a dominant player in the domestic pharmaceutical sector.
- The company boasts an innovative product portfolio, specializing in generic products.
- With a strong track record of financial performance, Windlas Biotech has demonstrated its stability and growth potential.
- The company is backed by experienced and professional promoters and senior management members.
Windlas Biotech successfully listed its equity shares on August 16, with the final issue price set at Rs 460 per equity share. The stock opened at Rs 439 on the BSE and Rs 437 on the National Stock Exchange, experiencing a slight decline of 7% from its premium share price.
In conclusion, Windlas Biotech’s remarkable journey from humble beginnings to becoming a prominent name in the pharmaceutical industry reflects its commitment to excellence and innovation. With a focus on quality and a diverse product portfolio, the company is poised for continued success in both domestic and international markets.
Address- 40/1, Industrial Area, Mohabbewala,
Ashok Kumar windlass
Manoj Kumar windlass